Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. Our required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The principal can be invested in the USC endowment.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to USC to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
- More detail about Charitable Remainder Unitrusts.
- Frequently asked questions on Charitable Remainder Unitrusts.
- Related Gift: Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.